Be content & happy with whatever comes to you!
I read a few books to understand meaning of happiness and contentment, how other people see these aspects and what methods they use to incorporate it in their lives.
After reading for a while from books, videos and extracts from Audio books, I outlined a few pointers and tried to adapt them to see “If they actually work“. Let’s see what I got and I will let you know if that worked from me or not at the end of this blog. Let’s get started-
- Your happiness belongs to you and you are responsible for it– This seems tricky but absolutely true. We always think that our loved ones, friends & family are responsible for our happiness and we are responsible for theirs. This opinion of ours makes our and their lives difficult. In search of happiness we expect more from them and when they couldn’t fulfill our expectation we get more anxious and sad. Instead we must find happiness in ourselves first and then only we will be able to bring that to other’s life. But how? Feel good about yourself, keep happiness your priority and always work on this priority. Always appreciate your success and console yourself in case of failures. Don’t make others responsible for your success or failures. Always remember these factors are self-driven, other’s are just a medium to facilitate and support.
- Satisfaction is the key – Happiness brings joy and pleasure and this is attained by satisfaction. We feel contended when we are satisfied with ourselves. So make sure that you list down things which are bothering you or troubling your happiness. Find their reason and resolution, work and resolve them and feel satisfied with the outcome. This will bring you satisfaction that you worked on your pain point, doesn’t matter if the resolution worked or not, at least you tried your best to resolve, that feeling will make you satisfied, contended and happy.
Remember– We can not resolve all problems by ourselves, some need external energy/efforts as well. But we need to try our best and get convinced with the outcome and satisfaction that “I tried!”
- Gratefulness is a bliss – Majority of the times we focus on other’s life and get anxious about what they have and why don’t we have that in our life. We must make a choice, whether to worry about what we don’t have or be grateful about what we have in our life. Once we focus on our live and appreciate all the things we have around us, gratitude and appreciation increases significantly resulting a great feeling of joy and happiness. So let’s appreciate our little joys to make ourselves contented.
- Nurture your key relationship– As we nurture little plants to make them lush green and build a strong root, similarly we need to work on our key relationships and nourish them like a plant. Any relationship be it your partner, your parents, your children, siblings or friends, which gives you immense pleasure and support must be taken care with good care and love. Spend time with your loved ones, build strong connect, focus on their good qualities. This will increase your happiness to core.
- Optimistic Thoughts– Thoughts are like food to our soul and mind. Bad, unhealthy and pessimistic thoughts brings us down and stop our growing and thinking capabilities. We must cultivate good, optimistic and healthy thoughts by engaging our self in good company of people and books. Cultivate good thoughts, invest in good people and books, socialize more often and feel happy about your look, work and life. Our happiness depends on our outlook towards life, how we see it and treat it. When it rains, look for RAINBOW. When its dark, look for STARS.
When it rains, look for RAINBOW. When its dark, look for STARS.
Internet is filled with millions of tips and tricks to achieve a happy life. But what fits others may not be enough for me. So these major tips attracted me a lot and I tried to implement the same in my life.
Believe me adapting them is little difficult but not impossible. Changing the way of life we have been living so far can’t be quick, it takes time and we must allow that to us. Take your time, work on these practices, slowly they will become part of your life and you will start seeing the difference.
I hope these tips will help you achieve satisfaction, happiness, gratitude and contentment towards life.
Be happy and keep spreading happiness. See you soon!